Saturday, April 19, 2014

Work is not worship.. is it?

Work is worship
How far are you willing to take that phrase?
Although I happen to be a lazy person, i can train myself to think like a workaholic when I want to. 
I keep telling myself, "The busier you are, the better oppurtunity you have, to prove to the world and to your own self that HARDWORK matters." 😁 And I sort of carry that thought as far as - " Imagine the hectic schedule and busy life you can maintain by minding your own business and staying out of trouble! After all, an idle mind is the devils workshop..."
Hold that thought.




How much of "work" counts as worship anyway? 

Measuring myself up against the Word of God, I see the busiest Man who walked on earth in the Gospels.. Yes, Jesus was one person who never had time for Himself. And yet, the Bible records His 'quiet-times' with the Heavenly Father. 
The number of people Jesus dealt with each day, including the sick would easily be more than the daily average that comes to the OPD of a government hospital. Jesus didn't have a fixed routine. As a matter of fact, the only "routine" He followed was the daily communion with His Father; most often seen at the Mount of Olives. 
The busiest days for me are the days when I spend the least amount of time in prayer. Every last minute I can spare in the morning, is devoted to dozing off after snoozing the alarm for the umpteenth time. I have realized that unless I'm spiritually prepared for a days work, I'm not fit for the "worship" that I pretend to be doing. 
I guess there is a fine line that we ought to draw between getting caught up with work and devoting time for prayer, meditation and fellowship. Whether in or out of work, are we truly worshipping our Lord and Creator? Because if not, then the worship is being directed to someone else. 
"No servant is able to serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will stand by and be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon (riches, or anything in which you trust and on which you rely). (Luke 16:13 AMP)"

No matter who you are at work - a doctor, engineer, accountant, teacher, even a preacher/pastor at church - your biggest "work" ever and the sole purpose of ur creation is to worship your Creator. Are you truly able to weigh your priorities and act accordingly?
Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. (1 Corinthians
10:31
NASB)


 Let this encourage you to think twice before getting out for work today. Wherever you are placed, there is always a higher purpose to YOU being there.
"Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. (1 Corinthians 15:58 NIV)"

May His great name be glorified.

#Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment

In My Place